1. It makes hiring managers believe the candidate is trying to hide something.
2. Candidates only have one chance to make a first impression and functional resumes do not give a good first impression.
3. It frustrates the hiring manager because they cannot determine how much experience the candidate really has in the solution they are looking for the candidate to solve as a future employee.
4. When applying to a job online, the functional resume confuses the computer data base and the computer will document that the candidate has zero (0) years of experience.
5. It will cost the candidate referrals from their networking group because they will not have a clear picture of who they should share the candidate’s resume with.
6. The typical hiring manager looks at a candidate’s resume for 10 to 15 seconds and will not take the time to figure out if the candidate is a fit with the company.
7. Functional resumes do not commute the candidate’s true value.
8. It will cost the candidate interviews and lengthen their transition time.
9. Functional Resumes are not respected in the marketplace.
10. THEY DON’T GET READ!!!!!
There are No Hidden Jobs…Only Hidden Candidates: Writing the Winning Resume……At Advantage Talent, Inc. Executive Placement Firm, we are the insiders. It is our business to know which resumes work and which ones do not. We know which ones get through the gatekeepers and which ones do not. Check out the Advantage Talent, Inc. Website to learn more on how to write an effective resume.